Mummy MOT. What is it!?
What is a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is a specialist post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery – whether 6 weeks or many years after. Already part of every new mother’s standard post-natal rehabilitation in France, trained specialists assesses the strength and function of the tummy and pelvic floor muscles to help prevent long-term childbirth related complaints.
What does the Mummy MOT include?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist Post-natal Health Physiotherapist
- In depth check of pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
- Cost: €90 including Initial Assessment and Rehab Programme, follow up sessions are €60 if required.
Performed by a specialist postnatal health Physiotherapist, it is recommended for all women following any type of delivery. Most women, after childbirth, have a weakness in either the tummy or pelvic floor area, which can create instability and poor core strength. The result can be altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness. To avoid these distressing symptoms, it is essential for mums to get their diastasis recti and pelvic floor tested and begin an optimal postnatal recovery programme.
Chartered Physiotherapist Orla Crosse has experience working the field of Women’s Health working as a Senior Women’s Health Physiotherapist in the NHS in Scotland. Having recently had her own little bundle of joy Orla has updated her skills under Maria Elliott’s guidance with the Mummy MOT. Maria is a UK based Specialist Post-natal Chartered Physiotherapist and a Clinical Pilates instructor. She trained in the US and France and has worked in women’s health for over 30 years. She specialises in Pre-natal and Post-natal physiotherapy as well as treating and coaching women with Complex Pelvic Pain.
For more information or to book an appointment, contact me in your own time and I will get back to you.
Clinics are on Tuesdays in the Clonmel Acupuncture Centre, 2 Dr Croke Place, Clonmel.
For more information about the assessment and treatments see: www.mummymot.com